- Correct illumination
- Good acoustics
- Better background colours
CORRECT ILLUMINATION :
- It’s better to control room illumination by creating an ambience with artificial lighting
- It’s strongly recommended to separate the area reserved for the speakers from the audience area
- Concentrate artificial light on the area reserved for the speakers
- Illuminate the rest of the room with soft light
- Do not illuminate devices used as displays (monitors, projection screens, plasma
- It’s suggested to darken the windows with curtains, better if made of materials that deaden also possible sound reverberations
- Don’t use tables or furniture made of / laminated with materials that reflect the light
Suggested lighting parameters
- Use lamps with a color temperature value of 3500° Kelvin
- Brightness, measured as a reflection off the face of the speaker, should have a value of 500 Lux.
GOOD ACOUSTICS :
The following steps are suggested in order to avoid echoes and sound reverberation
- Avoid furnishings made of reflecting materials, such as
plasterboard false ceilings
- solve possible acoustic problems by
- Covering walls, windows and/or glass surfaces with curtains and/or materials that deaden reverberations
- Covering the floor with fitted carpets (moquette)
BETTER BACKGROUND COLOURS:
- To improve light distribution in the room, enhancing quality of video pictures, it’s suggested to choose curtains and/or upholstery with a light color (such as gray or light blue)
- A good climate control is also recommended in order to ensure not only that the equipment operates properly, but also that the people using the room are comfortable.
- Don’t place cameras facing light sources (avoid filming with backlighting)
- Don’t place projection screens and/or monitors near lights or windows.
- Don’t install loudspeakers near microphones
- Wall mounted loudspeakers should be installed at an height from 2,20 to 2,50 meters to ensure a correct hearing
- Never install loudspeakers behind the listeners: they could get confused.
For more information, contact : Engineering & Design – email@example.com