A Video communication, Telemedicine & Tele Education evangelist, handling overall operations, Business Strategy & Business Development at A & T.
Key Strengths :
Strong visioning capability, International Tie Ups, Designing & Developing integrated Solutions using ICT with specialization in Video Communication over IP networks
Personal interest : Philosophy, Culture, Tourism, Social Entreprenuership, Technology.
Public Roles :
Trustee : Native Lead Foundation, Madurai
Convenor - ICT Task Force, CII, Madurai
Member – Executive Commitee – Telemedicine Society of India.
Past Positions :
- Founder Member & Chairman : Internet Users Community of India, Madurai
- Founder Member : Information Technology Development Association, Madurai
- Founder Member & President Software Industries Development Association – SIDA, Madurai
- Chairman : IT Panel, MADITSSIA, Madurai
- Member, Planning and Monitoring Board – KLN College of Information Technology.
- Member – IT Panel, CII, Madurai.
- Member – MSME Sub Committee, CII South Zone.
- Chairman – Rotaract Committee & Community Corps, Rotary Club of Madurai West.
Important Public role achievements – :
- Active role for bringing in Internet Access to Madurai in 1998
- Instrumental in bringing Internet over ISDN to Madurai (6th city in India).
- Conducted ‘Internet for All’, a major 3 day event attracting 6000 people, in 1998.
- Lobbied for Integrated IT park @ the Elcot IT park infrastructure since 2008
- Coordinated for policy / norms change in the IT parks / SEZ’s established by TN Government so as to accommodate Small IT companies.
- Launched the first of its kind program for inculcating innovation in campuses with a unique concept of breeding companies inside the institutions.
Notable International Conferences participated – :
- Part of the 15 member Inward Telecommunications Mission from India to the International Birmingham Telecom conclave.
Selected by the British High Commission, UK – June 2002.
- The Computex exhibitions and conferences at Taiwan.
- Presented a paper at the Communicasia Conference at Singapore.
Made several Presentations at various seminars – :
- Regular Sessions on IT industry and Entrepreneurship Development across colleges and trade bodies.
- Low Cost Surgery Recording at Telemedicon 2015, Kolkotta
- Teleeducation in Medical Training – Tel-e-Health, 2016.
- AV Technology in Education" – at the Infocomm Conference at Chennai.
- Video Conferencing in Telemedicine
CII seminar series – Chennai, Coimbatore, Cochin, Vizag, ..
- Applications of Video Conferencing in Railways at various Railway Zone
- Telemedicine & Tele Education / Internetworking and Connectivity / Voice, Video, Data / Internet for Business
The Confederation of Indian Industries,
The Tamil Nadu Chamber of Commerce and Industries
The Madurai District Tiny & Small Scale Industries Association and various other foras and institutions.